Wednesday 18 August 2010

Here's my first post

Finishing my River Cottage inspired, clay, wood fired oven this afternoon, weather permitting. Looking forward to Pizza production.
http://www.rivercottage.net/Events37~16/BuildandBake.aspx

Thinking of checking out The Dock Kitchen tomorrow. http://www.dockkitchen.co.uk/

Here are some of my pictures from Noma

Potato puree, milk skin, quite hard new potatoes, chervil stalks and tiny kettle chips.

A very floral amuse bouche

An extra course! 

Looking forward to my stage, but not to picking the leaves off the chervil stalks for that potato dish. Andreas, the sous chef at Racine told me he did a thousand on his visit. 



4 comments:

  1. Bloody Hell - I assume you are incredibly well wadded or did someone else pay the bill at Noma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through the Guardian. Look forward to seeing what you get up to. Re: wood-fired oven, how much did it cost you to build and how much space do you need? I was considering it but space is an issue.

    All the best,

    Rory

    ReplyDelete
  3. @padav I've been living on a bit of a shoe string since (i.e. not even a whole shoe string)...

    @rory I'll make my next post oven based. Hopefully tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, love to hear more about the clay oven! how are you building it? where? more detail please :)

    ReplyDelete